Saturday, February 12, 2011

EDM 613 MAC Week 2 Response to Peers @Keresten

Keresten said:

The reading this week was very positive. With so many things that are negative and not popular when it comes to education and educator these days, its nice to know that you can still keep an upbeat attitude and be a good educator. Even though I do not work in schools, I have found that the positive approach is great when it comes to helping trainees and new employees. Ben and Roz concepts when it comes to keeping things positive and happy while learning works well with kids and adults. While training people, you have to keep in mind the affect your attitude has on your trainees. Your attitude is just as important as the material you are teaching. I am glad Roz and Ben explained and understood that concept.

The repetition story, “toes to noes” is funny to me because I make my trainees do that a lot and it drives them crazy. Be what they don’t understand at the time is that the repetition really works. It’s such a basic study tool but it is highly affective. I always tell my trainee “ if you can go to sleep and remember it, you got it.”


elizabeth lundstrum said...

Hi Keresten-
I agree with you about staying positive in the face of negativity. Sometimes when another person comes across in the defensive mode, it is better to be humorous or positive- it breaks the tension. Attitude is a big reinforcer- I like that you understand and use that knowledge when training employees. Yes, repetition does work but as a teacher I have to find the right balance between drill/skill and creativity/ outside the box thinking.

Even the Bible says- STAY POSITIVE
Matthew 5:44 "Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you".

February 12, 2011 9:37 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment