Sunday, February 27, 2011

EDM 613 MAC Week 4 Free Post ( Presentation reflections)

As I have been working on my leadership presentation, I learned quite a few things!!!

1) I forgot to resize my pictures BEFORE I put them in my project- it makes sense now- I couldn't understand WHY it was so big!!! Plus the video clips in it as well.

2) 300 words for 1 slide is a lot of words and talking. I practiced this in front of my husband and he was a little anxious for the next slide to move along. I have been toying with the idea of maybe down the road having 2-3 pictures open on one slide as I am presenting instead of showing all at once. This is something I need to play with and perfect before my big day!!!

3) As part of my presentation, I am planning on a few engaging activities to illustrate my topic as well as give my audience the chance to see the effectiveness of technology. It would be great to have a link to an interactive web site for teachers to see and hear the same things as what I am saying. ( PLUS- I hate when power points are read to me- it would be much more effective to have a variety of media)

This overall has been a difficult project for me. At times I struggled with getting my words just right or having the right pictures. I want the world to know how wonderful technology has been for my working with kids with autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment