Sunday, February 20, 2011

EDM613 MAC Week 3 Think Out Loud Post 1 of 2

My AR project revolved around using technology with students with autism and increasing expressive language skills. I have used literature to support this problem statement as well as used data collected to affirm that it indeed works. With the specific core information along with rich media, this could be a great presentation that reflects my work at Full Sail as well as in the classroom this year.My Leadership project will focus on how this is possible, what makes it work, and how I as an educator can help other teachers, parents, and caregivers give the gift of technology to special needs students.


I would be a better presenter than I would a published work kind of person. I want to motivate and get my audience excited about technology so I feel my emotions and visual presentation would come across better in person. I have been taking pictures and small videos to show this works. I have great references for further reading and also my own style of teaching with technology that can be replicated in any classroom with computers/Smart Boards and internet.

I am thinking of a staff development agency called Staff Development for Educators. It would be great to be a part of this professional organization and its array of conferences for teachers across Missouri.


http://www.sde.com/index.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment