Sunday, February 6, 2011

EDM 613 MAC Week 1 Reading Copyright Issues 1-3

I have watched Good Copy/Bad Copy and some of it I have followed through online articles or news pieces. I think the Pirate Bay guys are going to do some time for copyright infringement- they went to trial and were found guilty. I found that everyone in this movie justified their actions by some means to an end- the artists want to create something new based on something that already exists and the lawyers and business execs want to protect the interests of their clients. I did like the variety of cultural views on artistic works. Sweden, Brazil, and USA…
I think overall as a teacher and a parent- it is my responsibility to teach my children that the consequences of copyright infringement is pretty severe- you will be fined and you will go to jail. Seriously, the music and film industries have millions of dollars to sue the average person. It is the same as stealing!!! I do agree with Girl Talk (?) that if getting permission was easier and faster, it may not be such an issue.
What an interesting debate here…

1 comment:

  1. agreed, this topic really does make for a great conversation. Thanks for your participation.

    ReplyDelete