Tuesday, February 22, 2011

EDM 613 MAC Week 4 Publishing/Leadership Think Out Loud





I have decided to present for my leadership project. I have started a Keynote with visuals including pictures and video. This presentation will reflect my AR project.

I would like to apply to Staff Development for Educators (SDE).

http://www.sde.com/index.asp




The mission of SDE is to enhance the quality of children’s education by providing highly effective and timely professional development, resources, support, and encouragement for all educators. To become a part of this outstanding team, SDE requires that you have:
Classroom teaching experience
Education training or presenting experience
Presentations with practical ideas and proven strategies for educators
The ability to motivate, interest, and involve the participants in your presentations
The ability to customize your presentation for the audience ( from the SDE website)

I have personally attended at least 3 conferences put on by this organization. They promote quality and are on top of new educational trends. Many of their conferences are in Missouri and are grade or department specific.

If for some reason the presentation does not work out, I want to publish. I am interested in publishing an article for

Autism Spectrum Quarterly


http://www.asquarterly.com/

The intent of ASQ is to inform its readers about research and issues relevant to the needs and interests of individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD); members of their families; and the professionals and paraprofessionals who work on their behalf. We refer to our publication as the MAGAJOURNAL® to underscore our mission, which is to serve as the information leader and bridge between the research and greater autism communities. We welcome submissions on a variety of topics related to ASD. (from the ASQ website)

I personally subscribe to this magazine online. I did this when I took my new job with students with autism so i would be up to date on research as well as understand autism from a family perspective. I have always been pleased with these articles ( although the technology volume came out in January). It would be a great honor to be chosen for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment